- Facing international criticism, Singapore defends disabled man’s execution, The Jakarta Post, 28 April. Click here to read.
- Dry streets as Myanmar boycotts water festival to protest junta, The Irawaddy, 13 April. Click here to read.
- Activist Ade Armando attacked, stripped by protesters he intends to join, Jakarta Globe, 11 April. Click here to read.
- ING withdraws from complaint against the bank’s involvement in the palm oil sector, Milieudefensie, 7 April. Click here to read.
- À propos des Indonésiens qui approuvent l’invasion de l’Ukraine par la Russie [About Indonesians who approve of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine], Asialyst. Click here to read.
- Myanmar regime revokes citizenship of 11 prominent resistance figures, 7 March, The Irrawaddy. Click here to read.
- Myanmar democracy activists hold rallies in support of Ukraine, 28 February, The Irrawaddy. Click here to read.
- NagaWorld strike: eight out of 30 detained remain in custody, 7 January, Nikkei Asia. Click here to read.
- In pictures: a photographer’s decision to quit Myanmar, 31 December, Nikkei Asia. Click here to read.
- Tortured to death: Myanmar mass killing revealed, 20 December, BBC.com. Click here to read.
- Janjira Sombatposiri, Thai 2021 Demonstrations: Losing Traction Online, 26 October. Click here to read.
- Joy and Sorrow as Myanmar Jun ta Frees Political Prisoners Detained in Anti-coup Protest, 20 October, South China Morning Post. Click here to watch video.
Southeast Asia’s COVID-19 cases hit new highs, Malaysian doctors protest, by Mei Mei Chu & Artorn Pookasook, July 26, Reuters. Click here to read.
- Anti-Government Protests Persist in Thailand Despite Record COVID-19 Cases, July 26, VOA. Click here to read.
- From K-Pop Stan to Keyboard Warrior: Meet the Activists Battling Myanmar’s Military Junta, 5 July, Rest of World. Click here to read.
- Taking Aim at the Tatmadaw: The New Armed Resistance to Myanmar’s Coup, 28 June 2021, ICG Briefing n° 168. Click here to read.
- Recognising Myanmar’s National Unity Government, 19 June 2021, Easy Asia Forum. Click here to read.
- Not for a billion rupiah: Wadas villagers continue Bener Dam protest amid deaf ears, 28 May, Jakarta Post. Click here to read.
- No One is Saving Myanmar. The country’s people hold out hope for international help. None is coming, April 24, 2021, The Atlantic. Click here to read.
Elago renews push for campus press freedom bill, March 20, 2021, Rappler. Click here to read.
- Comparative Analysis of the 2020 Protests in Southeast Asia, Gabriele Natalia Siahaan, Australian Institute of International Affairs, Click here to read.
- Myanmar’s Protest Movement Finds Friends in the Milk Tea Alliance, February 13, 2021, The Diplomat. Click here to read.
- Myanmar’s civil-military maelstrom, 5 February 2021, East Asia Forum. Click here to read.
- Usai FPI Dibubarkan, Eks-FPI Bentuk Front Persaudaraan Islam [After being closed down, Ex-Members of the Islam Defender’s Front/FPI Formed the Islamic Brotherhood Front]. January 9, 2021, Tirto.id. Click here to read.
- Demonstran Menolak Kedatangan Rizieq di Makassar Diserang Sejumlah Orang [Demonstrators Rejected that Rizieq’s Arrival in Makassar was Attacked by a Number of People], December 1, 2020, Merdeka. Click here to read.
- Action to reject Rizieq Shihab Held in Medan, His Oration to Reject Nation-Divide Groups, November 26, 2020, VOI. Click here to read.
- Protesters must not resort to violence no matter the provocation, November 18, 2020, Thai Enquirer. Click here to read.
- A more unequal society than ever before, November 14, 2020, Bangkok Post. Click here to read.
- Twenty-two years on, families of Semanggi victims grasping at straws in search for justice, Saturday, November 14, 2020, Jakarta Post. Click here to read.
- Thailand doesn’t need you: Ultra-Royalists push back against protesters, October 26, 2020, France 26. Click here to read.
- “No Peasant, No Food! No Youth, No Change” Peasant Youth from South East and East Asian region calls for food sovereignty!, October 21, 2020, Via Campesina.org. Click here to read.
- Indonesia in COVID-19 Vortex: “Workers’ resistance to waves of mass layoffs & Omnibus Law”, 19 May 2020, Cetri.be. Click here to read.
- The #CoronavirusPandemic is affecting peasants and other people working in rural areas in many ways. Here we explain. #StayHomeButNotSilent. Click here to read.
- 3 Aktivis Aksi Kamisan Ditangkap, Polisi: Motifnya Melawan Kapitalisme [3 Thursday Action’s activists arrested, Police: charged over anti-capitalism], Wednesday 22 April 2020, Suara.com. Click here to read.